Crum and Kok Jock Talk is a free-flowing sports based talk show. The guys cover any sport that can be played with a ball or stick and occasionally get way off topic. Jock Talk Sports jocktalksports@gmail.com No
We have as much sports knowledge as Lebron has tact!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Douchiest Schools Part II


Douchiest Schools Part II
Why I hate Missouri

Never in my history of tailgating have I ever experienced so much hostility, animosity and general doucheness as when I visited the University of Missouri in Columbia in the fall of 2008. At that time they were ranked number 3 in the country had been on the regional cover of Sports Illustrated, Chase Daniels was a front runner for the Heisman and the team was just coming off a huge 52-17 win at Nebraska.  Oh and not to mention at this time period the team had yet to go three and out on offense… let me repeat that.  In five games the tigers had yet to go three and out !  Well old Columbia was drinking the gold and black cool-aid and this cool-aid not only made their fans arrogant but also d!#$’s.  Here are some examples of my experience.  I step out of the car wearing orange and black only to receive a barrage of half full beer cans being thrown towards our group’s direction.  In a prominent sports bar I had a drunk Missouri fan come 2 inches from my face and scream at me.  An plethora of four lettered words screamed at our direction all day long and constant chants, “OSU sucks, OSU sucks!”.  Oh yeah and this was all before we beat them 28 to 23 at home.  Sweetest win I have ever experienced…aww let me revel in it…give me a second…yeah that felt good, also I would have accepted these attacks post game but pregame?  You shouldn’t be d-bags for people that travel to games, those are typically the more well informed fans who have some extra money and can actually talk football.    Listen I have traveled a lot of places, UT, A&M, Baylor, etc. but I have never been treated even a tenth of as bad as I was treated at Missouri.   On a side note A&M fans may be the nicest in the world! Anyone who walks up to you and offers you beer and brownies when their team is down two touchdowns is a saint in my book. 
Another reason M-I-Z-Z-O-U sucks has to do with this recent conference shake up. So here’s the story as I understand it, the Big Ten has been looking to expand for a while in order so that it could have a playoff and make some more $$$. Somehow these expansion rumors swilled out of control and a rumored 16 team super Big Ten conference took flight.  Well without ever being invited Missouri accepted its imaginary big ten spot bragged about its newfound revenue and then started insulting the Big Twelve. Missouri governor Jay Nixon sparked quite a bit of controversy when he continued to vouch for Mizzou's membership in the Big Ten. He then enraged Big 12 officials when he took a shot at the academic prestige of Texas Tech and Oklahoma State.  It became absolutely hilarious though when the big ten came out and announced its plans were only to expand by one, offered that bid to Nebraska and Missouri was for a short time was on the outside looking in at what would soon be a super conference known as the pac-16.  Now Texas decided to save the Big Twelve(which I think was a mistake). So for now Missouri has a home but I feel this may change once the realigned contract is up.   Mizzou you’ll always be a mediocre football team who may have a couple of decent years (im a OSU guy I’ve learned to live with it).  You got a great Journalism and Broadcasting school but honestly everyone in the big twelve has at least one exceptional college so don’t pretend your Cornell.  Just realize your middle of the road, stop being a#% holes and hopefully you learned a valuable lesson this summer, don’t piss off the Big Twelve aka The  University of Texas because 4 years from now you’ll want a conference and I don’t think the Big East is what you had in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment